Group of diverse men and women smileing - for immigration information from Wogwu Law of Raleigh , NC

San Antonio Immigration Lawyer

Wogwu Law of  San Antonio, can skillfully guide you through the immigration process. In simple terms, we will help you understand how naturalization and U.S. citizenship work and the steps you must take to qualify. And we can explain your options for obtaining a green card or a visa for a family member.

Citizenship and Naturalization

U.S. citizenship is a status that gives you the right to remain in the United States. You are automatically a U.S. citizen if you are born in the country. Or, if you are under the age of 18 and were born in another country, you may be eligible for citizenship if at least one of your parents or legal guardians is a U.S. citizen. But if you are a lawful, permanent U.S. resident and need to apply for citizenship, Wogwu Law of San Antonio can help you determine if you are currently eligible for naturalization.

What Is Naturalization?

Naturalization is the process of changing your status from a legal permanent resident (green card) resident of the U.S. to a citizen. You may be eligible to apply for naturalization if you:

  • Are at least 18 years old
  • Have been a permanent U.S. resident (Green Card) for at least five years or have been married to a U.S. citizen for at least three years
  • Can prove that you have physically lived in the U.S. for at least half the time of your permanent status or marriage
  • Have lived in the same U.S. state for at least three months before applying
  • Are a responsible member of your community
  • Can pass a brief test about U.S. history and government

Read our citizenship and naturalization page for details.

Senior African couple and younger woman looking at a photo - for information on immigration law

Green Card – U.S. Permanent Residency

A Green Card, or a Permanent Resident Card, allows you to work and live in the U.S. permanently. Wogwu Law can determine if U.S. immigration laws allow you to apply for permanent residency. And if you are eligible, we will guide you through the adjustment of status— the application process.

You may meet Green Card application requirements through one of these categories:

  • Employment
  • Family
  • Human trafficking and crime victims
  • Refugee or asylee status
  • Registry
  • Special immigrant
  • Victims of abuse
  • Other categories

You can find details about U.S. permanent residency on our Green Cards page.

Family Visas

If you are a U.S. citizen, you may be able to petition for a CR1 visa for your spouse or child. If you are engaged, the law may allow you to petition for a K-1 fiancé(e) visa.

CR1 visa petitions apply to:

  • Your spouse
  • Your spouse’s unmarried children, under age 21

Read our CR1 spouse visa page for details.

K-1 fiancé(e) visa petitions apply to:

  • Your fiancé(e) residing outside the United States
  • Unmarried children of fiancé(e), under age 21

Read our K-1 fiancé(e) page for details.

Do You Need Legal Representation?

We help fellow immigrants get legal status so they can live without fear: do it right the first time by using an experienced immigration attorney. Our team represents immigration clients who live in all fifty states and abroad.