Removal Defense Lawyer
San Antonio Immigration Attorney Lisa Wogwu
At Wogwu Law, we recognize the challenges and uncertainties that individuals face when confronted with removal (deportation) proceedings in the United States. As an experienced immigration law firm, we are committed to representing clients globally who are planning migration to the U.S. Our approach is to provide professional yet approachable legal guidance, making complex immigration matters understandable and manageable for our clients.
Why Choose Wogwu Law for Removal Defense?
Choosing the right attorney is crucial when facing removal proceedings. At Wogwu Law, we have a strong commitment to protecting the rights of our clients. Our team, led by Attorney Wogwu, works diligently to provide personalized legal strategies tailored to each client's unique situation. We believe in clear communication, explaining legal options without legal jargon, and ensuring you are informed every step of the way.
Common Grounds for Removal from the U.S.
Understanding the reasons that can lead to deportation is vital for anyone facing the complexities of U.S. immigration law. These reasons include:
- Noncompliance with the terms of a visa.
- Marriage fraud.
- Providing false information or documentation in an immigration application.
- An arrest, charge, or conviction of a crime.
- Entering the U.S. without inspection.
- Overstaying a visa.
- Violating a protective order.
The Removal Defense Process
Going through the removal defense process can be daunting. We guide our clients through each stage, from the Notice to Appear (NTA) to court hearings and potential appeals. Our goal is to ensure you are prepared and confident at every step, providing representation that advocates for your best interests.
Exploring Your Options
Several forms of relief are available in removal proceedings. Attorney Wogwu and the team will thoroughly assess your eligibility for these options, offering clear explanations and strategic advice on the best course of action. Here are some of the possibilities of relief:
- Asylum: Asylum is a form of protection available to individuals who have suffered persecution or fear they will suffer persecution due to race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion in their home country. If granted asylum, an individual can stay in the United States and may later apply for permanent residency (a green card).
- Adjustment of Status: This option applies to individuals who may already be eligible for a green card (lawful permanent residence) based on family relationships, employment, or other categories. Adjustment of status allows a person to obtain a green card without having to return to their home country to complete visa processing.
- Cancellation of Removal: This is a form of relief available to certain permanent residents and non-permanent residents. For permanent residents, it's available if they have lived in the U.S. for a certain period and meet other criteria. For non-permanent residents, it's available under more stringent conditions, including providing a continuous physical presence in the U.S. for ten years, demonstrating good moral character, and showing that deportation would cause extreme hardship to U.S. citizens or permanent resident family members.
- Waivers: Waivers are legal provisions that allow an individual to seek forgiveness or pardon for certain immigration violations or criminal offenses that would otherwise make them inadmissible to the U.S. or deportable. The availability and success of a waiver depend on the specific circumstances of each case.
The Importance of Legal Representation in Immigration Court
Representation by an experienced immigration attorney can significantly impact the outcome of your case. We bring experience, dedication, and a compassionate approach to each case, ensuring your voice is heard and your rights are protected in immigration court.
Preparing for Your Immigration Court Hearings
Preparation is key to a successful defense in immigration court. We assist in gathering relevant documentation, prepping for testimonies, and building a robust defense strategy. Our team ensures that you are fully prepared for what to expect during your hearings.
Contact Wogwu Law for Experienced Removal Defense
Facing removal proceedings can be overwhelming, but you don't have to overcome this complex process alone. Call us at Wogwu Law today at 919-964-5472 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with a dedicated immigration lawyer serving clients worldwide. Our team is ready to provide the support and representation you need to achieve the best possible outcome in your case.
Do You Need Legal Representation?
We help fellow immigrants get legal status so they can live without fear: do it right the first time by using an experienced immigration attorney. Our team represents immigration clients who live in all fifty states and abroad.
OR Fill the Form